Saturday, August 24, 2013

Two Timin' Pasta

We love pasta. (Well, I love pasta and David likes it when I make dinner and so he eats a lot of it.) It seems like we always have a half bottle of marinara sauce or a half bottle of alfredo sauce open in our fridge. Oftentimes we have one of each. On the times that I want to use those bottles up - this recipe is perfect! Plus, it tastes like the "Five Cheese Penne" that you can get at Olive Garden. I also love that you don't need any chicken to make it a full meal. (You can add some in if you want, but it stands on it's own.) Pair it with a couple of pieces of french bread and you are good to go! 


Two Timin' Pasta

Ingredients:
1 box penne pasta
1 (15 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
1 (24oz.) jar Marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Mix the sauces together in a large bowl. Add the mozzarella and stir to combine. Then add the penne and toss to coat. Pour pasta into 9x13 baking dish and cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Shantel we tried this for dinner last night and it's incredible! Delish! I love your food blog (and your other one too). Just for the record, I dare say you have one of the better food blogs I've seen-real recipes that real people make that are actually easy, cheap and decently healthy. Don't say you're not a food blogger, you talented woman you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. I just love having a place to keep my recipes and be able to share them with my friends. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete