Friday, August 9, 2013

Creamy Chicken Fajitas

I originally made this recipe using Philidelphia Cooking Creme. However, the last time I went to the store they didn't have any of the Sante Fe cooking creme. So, I decided to improvise and I actually liked the end result even more when I made it myself! I'm not surprised, because we typically like these flavors and ingredients - but I am happy, because anytime I can make something from scratch instead of paying money for a pre-packaged good I'm all for it. I will probably never buy the cooking creme again because I can save money making it this way and it was de.lic.ious.



Creamy Chicken Fajitas
Source: The Peaden Kitchen

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion, sliced
1 green or red bell peppers, sliced
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8tsp onion powder
Dash cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste

Tortillas
Sour Cream
Cheese
Avocado
Lettuce

Directions:
Cut chicken into strips and cook in olive oil in a pan. When chicken is cooked, add peppers and onion and saute until soft. Season with chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Add cream cheese and sour cream and stir until melted and heated through.

Serve in tortillas with cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment