Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Manwich

I learned how to make this yummy meal while a sophomore at Utah State University. My sweet Mandy-roommate had her boyfriend/fiance/soon-to-be husband, Trent, over and he taught us the finer points of the manwich. So easy and super yummy! I think about them every time I make this dinner. We buy packages of lunchmeat at Sams Club and if I ever need to use up the last of the lunchmeat, I always pull out this meal.

Manwiches
Source: Trent and Mandy Olsen

Ingredients:
4 sandwich rolls
8 slices cheese
4 slices bacon
2 cups sliced lunchmeat (we use a combination of turkey and ham)
1 cup barbecue sauce

Directions:
Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp. Set aside. Slice lunchmeat into small pieces. Using the same frying pan from the bacon, fry up the lunchmeat. Once lunchmeat is browned add barbecue sauce and cook until heated through. Right before serving, brown insides of the sandwich roll in frying pan. Top sandwich roll with lunchmeat, cheese, and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment