Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hamburgers & Fries

David and I share our household duties very evenly. We both do our best to keep our lives running smoothly. I tend to do more of the cooking because I am home and it's easier for me to watch over that area of our lives. However, there are a few meals that are "David Meals". I don't make them. That is what we eat when David tells me that he's giving me a break and that he's going to cook dinner for me. Or what we eat on a Friday or Saturday night when he's home and he makes dinner while I work on the dishes, or set the table. It works for us and I love it. I love that I'm the one who does most of the cooking - but that David is willing to step up and take his turn in the kitchen to make our family a delicious meal to enjoy together. Hamburgers is one of those "David Meals". He know the perfect thickness that the hamburger should be, the perfect way to season it, and the perfect length of time to cook it so that it is well done but still deliciously moist. I'd take a David-burger over a McDonalds burger any day. Serve up with some french fries, onion rings, or potato chips and you've got yourself a true american classic!

Hamburgers & Fries
Source: David Peaden

Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
4 Hamburger buns
McCormic Hamburger Seasoning
Onion Salt
Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes

Lettuce
Ketchup
Pickles
Mustard
Onion Rings
French Fries

Directions:
Split ground beef into four sections. Flatten each section into a fairly large hamburger patty (it will shrink as it cooks). Season to taste. Cook in a skillet on the stove until no pink is left in the middle but the burger is still juicy. Meanwhile put frozen french fries or onion rings in the oven. When fries/onion rings and burgers are done, place each burger on a bun and top with desired toppings.

Serve with fruit and fries, onion rings, or potato chips.


Update: March 2021
David is still solely responsible for making hamburgers at our house - although of course, everything we do is a team effort. We recently ordered a Meal Delivery Kit and one of the recipes was "Griddled Onion Burgers". I thought that the sauce on the burger was pretty good, so I thought I'd include the recipe below. 

Optional toppings to make "Griddled Onion Burgers" (2 servings)
1 Yellow onion
1/8 cup Mayonnaise 
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs dijon mustard
salt and pepper 

Trim and peel onion; slice into four 1/4 inch thick rounds.  Finely chop remaining onion until you have about 1/4 cup. 

Combine mayo, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. 

Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes, stir cooked chopped onion into mayo mixture.

Heat another drizzle of oil in the same pan, add onion rounds and cook until deeply browned and tender, 2-3 minutes per side. Toast hamburger buns with garlic butter, and serve with aoili and onion rounds on top of burger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment