Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Taquitos/Flautas

I saw these and knew that I wanted to try them. I find that I gravitate toward the same flavor of things, and thought that I'd give the "buffalo" flavor a try. In all honesty, I cut the recipe in half for my little family but forgot to cut the hot sauce in half so they were a little spicy for me. But we ate them and enjoyed them. I think that I would like them even more if I had used the right proportion of hot sauce. I also think that these would be yummy with some rice or corn in them to bulk them up a little bit more. Next time I think I will try that. I love the concept and we definitely enjoyed our meal.


Buffalo Chicken Taquitos/FlautasSource: Deal Wise Mommy  via Real Women of Philadelphia
Ingredients:
4 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
12 flour tortillas
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
4 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup of Frank’s hot sauce
1/3 cup of milk
2 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tbsp. of vegetable oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter. Add garlic powder. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste. Combine chicken and sauce. 

Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese. Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone. Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve with Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.

**Note: Next time I want to try to add rice or corn into the mixture to bulk them up a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment