Thursday, February 13, 2014

7-Layer Tostada

I absolutely love seven layer dip. Like love love love it. When I came across these 7-Layer Tostadas I knew that they needed to be made at my house immediately. David isn't usually a a 7-layer dip kind of guy, but he was a good sport and I think we both enjoyed them. Next time, I think that I will make the layers thicker - I needed just a bit more of the toppings I think. Anyway - It was yummy.  


7-Layer Tostada 
Source: Kalyn's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
1 cups guacamole (Avocado, garlic salt, red pepper flakes)
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning)
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced black olives (or use a 4 oz. can sliced olives)
Alfalfa sprouts
6-8 tostadas

Directions:
Put the refried beans in a bowl, stir to break them apart, and microwave 2-3 minutes, or until they're hot. Stir the taco seasoning into the sour cream. Chop the green onions, and slice the olives. Prepare guacamole and grate cheese.

Put crisped tostada on a plate and top with:
--a thin layer of refried beans (1-2 tablespoons)
--a thin layer of guacamole (1-2 tablespoons)
--a thin layer of seasoned sour cream (1-2 tablespoons)
--several generous pinches of cheese
--several alfalfa sprouts
--thinly sliced green onions
--sliced olives

Serve right away, with salsa if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, these sound and look delicious! I came to look up your meatball recipe, but now I want these instead! :)

    ReplyDelete