Saturday, January 18, 2014

Taco Bites

I bought a package of scoop tortilla chips for a party a while back and never ended up using them. We could have just eaten them with chips and salsa, but I was in need of a yummy dinner to feed my little family. I'd seen some things along these lines - so I just decided to go for it and make things up as I went along. Let me say - it was delicious. I would definitely make it again if I was making it for a party/appetizer. However, as a dinner it was a little time consuming and in the future I'll probably just make some loaded nachos (using the same ingredients, but just piling everything on top of some chips) instead as I think it would taste just as yummy. But, as I said - I love this idea for a party or appetizer.


Taco Bites
Source: The Peaden Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 pkg scoop shaped tortilla chips
1 can refried beans
1/2 lb hamburger, browned
1 cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Layer scoops in bottom of a metal baking pan. Carefully layer each individual scoop with refried beans, meat, salsa, and cheese. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and beans are warm. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment