Monday, March 24, 2014

Handheld Chicken Pot Pies

I really love the idea of homemade chicken pot pies and over the course of our marriage I've tried several recipes. None of them have been very successful (either much more work than I'm able to realistically put into dinner or just not very good). However, I came across this recipe and thought "I could do that." I made it for dinner when my little sister  was visiting, and everyone liked it! Plus it came together really easily and that is exactly what I was looking for!

Handheld Chicken Pot Pies
Source: Yummy Healthy Easy

Ingredients:
1 package Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 T olive oil
2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
10-oz. bag frozen mixed veggies, steamed
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350º. Cover cookie sheet with a layer of tinfoil, or spray with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a medium sized skillet and cooked diced onion until soft. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.

Open package of biscuits and flatten each circle out with your fingertips. Place chicken filling on one half of the circle making sure to leave the edges clear, then bring the other half over. Press edges with a fork to seal closed. Carefully place on the cookie sheet.

Finish each pot pie and then bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment