Monday, June 24, 2013

Grilled Taco and Lime Chicken

David and I really like chicken tacos, however, sometimes I get bored with plain old shredded chicken.  This yummy dish is the perfect way to make chicken tacos. It's packed full of flavor and so delicious! I found this recipe at Picky Palate, and as I was reading through her full tutorial (check it out, her pictures are beautiful and showcase all of the details brilliantly) I kept wishing to myself that I had a pan like hers that I could grill the chicken on inside. I even read through the comments and saw where she had posted a link to a website where you could buy a similar grill pan. When I finally saw the pan as a whole, a audibly gasped. It was just like that random cast iron pan in the back of my cupboard that I didn't know how to use! I was giddy like a school-girl, ran and grabbed the pan, made sure I was right and then cooked up this chicken for dinner. I'm so in love! What an awesome way to be able to grill chicken on the stovetop. Shout out to whomever gave us that grill pan for our wedding. I love it! 

Grilled Taco & Lime Chicken
Source: Picky Palate

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika works too)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
3-4 medium to large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 limes, split

Directions:
Combine cumin, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic salt in a bowl.
Place chicken breast into a large bowl or large ziploc bag. Coat chicken with seasonings then squeeze the juice of one whole lime over chicken and seasonings. You can marinate up 1-5 hours or grill immediately. 
Preheat grill pan to medium high heat. Spray grill lightly with cooking spray then carefully place chicken onto grill. Let grill 5-6 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice chicken and sprinkle with last of lime juice.

Top with lettuce, spinach, cheese and any other toppings. Serve with lime wedges and creamy salsa sauce (equal parts  Hidden Valley ranch dressing and salsa). 

No comments:

Post a Comment