Sunday, September 30, 2012

BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Have you noticed? Pork has been SO so affordable lately. I've been really trying to "pork" it up. (Which is word-for-word how I explained the recent pork influx to David earlier this afternoon.) I bought a pork roast for $3.84 and have been waiting for a yummy use for it. I decided that BBQ Pork Sandwiches fit the bill perfectly, and so I searched and searched for a recipe that I thought David would like. He asked what I was doing, and after I told him - he laughed and called his mom for her recipe. I don't know why I didn't think of that, but i'm so glad that he did.. because these sandwiches are easy and delicious!


BBQ Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 (2lb) pork roast
1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
1/4 cup honey
1Tbs onion flakes

Directions:
Rinse pork roast (I did this because the ladies at Our Best Bites recommended it to prevent your roast from smelling like fish. I don't know if this is true, but I hate fish and so I couldn't risk it) and pat dry. Place in crockpot. Cover in honey, onion flakes, and 1 cup of BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. Shred roast, add last 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce, and combine with all sauces in the crockpot. Cook for 30 more minutes in order for shredded pork to absorb more sauce. Serve warm on hard rolls or buns. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment