Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Country Pasta with Mozzarella

I had some leftover mozzarella cheese and so I found this recipe online at "Buns in my oven..." to try. I was texting David and I told him that I was thinking of making a new recipe for dinner. He said, "Great, what is it?" I responded that it was bacon chicken broccoli pasta. He replied with something to the effect of, "Fantastic, What could be better than bacon, chicken, and cheese?" And that, my friends, is the true motto of "The Peaden Kitchen." Nothing is better than bacon, chicken, and cheese. Nothing.



recipe from here.

Ingredients:
8 ounces farfalle pasta
8 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.

2. In large skillet, cook the bacon until almost crisp. To the pan, add broccoli and garlic. Cook until the broccoli is slightly tender, stirring often, about 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Pour in the cooked pasta, mozzarella, parmesan, cayenne and parsley. Stir together over very low heat until the cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I love the motto! I can relate :) I am glad you told me about your blog - I will be checking back often!

    ReplyDelete