Monday, February 28, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas {my favorite}

My mom made this for us all growing up. This is the recipe that I would always request for my birthday dinner. I love it. I can't think of a meal that is a better feel good - comfort food. Once, my little sister tried to ruin this creamy goodness by putting enchilada sauce on the top. Just the thought of it makes me squirm. Apparently, she said it was good - but I like the combination of the flavors and textures here.



Chicken Enchiladas

Source: Lori Walker

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast
3 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 - 8oz can chopped green chilies
1/2 onion, diced
3-5 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Flour Tortillas - about 12 depending on their fullness

Directions:
Boil chicken until done. Mix soups and sour cream and divide in half. To one half of the mixture: add chilies, onion, 1/2 of the cheese and all of the chicken. Roll chicken mixture in tortillas and place seam side down in baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam. Cover with remainder of sauce and then grated cheese. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove tinfoil and bake for 15 additional minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment