Saturday, December 30, 2023

Homemade Pizza Dough

I've been using this pizza recipe for years and always tell myself that today is the day I will post the recipe on my own blog, especially because I always make a few modifications from the original anyway. This is hands down my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe. 






MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
Source: Janssen Bradshaw from Everyday Reading
Servings 2 14-inch pizzas
Prep time: 3 hours

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
3 cup all-purpose flour (can sub out half wheat flour or white wheat flour, but I never do)

Instructions
In a stand mixer, add water, honey, sugar, and yeast for 5-10 minutes until the yeast is frothy. Add in all remaining ingredients and let mix for 5 minutes (or 10 minutes if you're doing it by hand). Resist the urge to add more flour. 
Spray a bowl with cooking spray, scrape your dough into the bowl and cover. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Two to three hours before you're ready to make your pizza, take it out and let it come to room temperature and rise on the counter. (If you freeze half the dough, put it on the counter about 3-5 hours before you're ready to cook). *If I am in a hurry - I just let this raise for an hour on my counter and it still turns out great.* 

When ready to form crusts: 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out dough and transfer to greased cookie sheet or baking sheet (Or pizza stone). Poke with fork several times around crust so it won't get puffy and par-bake in oven. You want it to be cooked through but not starting to brown. 

Remove from oven, flip over, add toppings, and return to oven to finish baking. 

Pizza crusts can be made ahead and even frozen for quick dinner prep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment