Monday, April 4, 2016

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

Anyone who knows me really well knows that my mom's chicken enchiladas are pretty much my favorite food in existence. Covered in white creamy goodness and loads of cheese... mmmm.  I usually scoff at all other enchilada recipes, because hello - if I'm going to make enchilada's, I'm going to make those ones. However, I came across this recipe and thought they looked delicious. They have a yummy flavor combination and in all honesty - are much healthier than my favorite enchiladas (stuffed with cream of chicken soup and sour cream). I'll definitely make them again! (I also like that you can cook the chicken in a crock pot, or you can use pre-shredded chicken to make this really fast! Plus I always have these ingredients in my house.



Ranch Chicken Enchiladas
Source: The Recipe Critic

Ingredients:
3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Chicken taco seasoning (2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion salt, 1 tsp cumin)
1 package ranch dry salad dressing
½ cup bottled ranch
½ cup salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can chicken broth
1 package white flour tortillas

Instructions
Prepare chicken.  Option 1: Cook in the slow cooker with the ranch packet, taco seasoning and, chicken broth on low for about 3-4 hours. Option 2: Combine seasonings with already cooked and shredded chicken, omitting chicken broth. 

Mix the ½ cup of ranch and ½ salsa in a bowl. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread a very thin layer of the mixture on the bottom.
Assemble the enchiladas by putting 2 Tbs of the ranch and salsa mixture on the bottom of tortilla, and layering shredded chicken and sprinkling with cheese before rolling it up.
Line up the enchiladas in the 9x13 pan and top heavily with the cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and enchiladas are heated through.
Drizzle the top with ranch and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment