Thursday, February 5, 2015

BBQ Pork & Pineapple Quesadillas

The original recipe for this is a crock pot and chicken recipe. However, I had some extra shredded pork in my freezer that I was wanting to use - and when I found this I loved that it was a different take than what I usually do with our shredded pork. You could use chicken (and I probably will in the future because I like to keep shredded chicken on hand as well) - and you could put it in the crock pot, but I've written the recipe to reflect how I made (and will make in the future) this yummy dish. I love how easy it was, how I could leave the pineapple out of David's (crazy boy), and how yummy it turned out. 

BBQ Pork & Pineapple Quesadillas
Source: Adapted from Krafted Koch

Ingredients:
8 10" flour tortillas
1 lb. pork roast, cooked and shredded
1 c. BBQ sauce
1 c. onion diced
1 T oil (for sautéing onions)
4 c. fresh pineapple sliced thinly (or substitute a large can of pineapple tidbits)
2 c. shredded cheddar
½ c. BBQ sauce for spreading on tortillas
cilantro - optional garnish

Directions:
Sauté onions in a medium to large skillet until soft and starting to turn translucent. Add the cooked = and shredded pork and 1 c. BBQ sauce. Cook until warm through.

On each tortilla half, spread ½ c. meat mixture. On the other half, layer 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce, ¼ c. cheese and ½ c. pineapple slices. Fold the quesadillas together and place quesadillas in a hot George Forman griddle for 2-4 minutes until crispy. (You could also place on a hot griddle or frying pan if you wanted to cook more than one at a time, cooking on each side for 1-2 minutes.)

Remove from heat, and slice in three sections. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment