Monday, October 21, 2013

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip

This is one of my all time favorite party appetizers. I love the taste and texture. It's delicious with toasted baguettes or tortilla chips. The only sad part is that David doesn't like it - so I only really make it to take to a party where there will be other people who enjoy it as well. However, I just learned that it freezes really well, so I may just start making a batch and then freezing it in small portions so I can eat them whenever I'm in the mood. There are a million recipes out there but this one is fairly simple and so so good. (Also, I sometimes replace the mozzarella with cheddar if I want to keep my costs low.) 


Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Source: Adapted from My Epicurean Adventures

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
14 oz marinated artichokes, chopped
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
* You can also saute fresh spinach and garlic instead of using frozen spinach.

Directions:
Chop artichokes and spinach. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to baking dish. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment