Saturday, February 18, 2012

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

This is a meal that David and I had at one of our neighbors houses way back in the day when we lived in Logan. I can't believe it's not up here. This is what I like to think of as my "Grown-up Shantel Meal". Why? Well you can read about it here. But to quote that post: "The other day, I ate the most delicious chicken I have ever had. It was cooked on a grill and covered in fresh tomatoes. I didn't scrape the tomatoes off. I ate them all. Even the ones that were left over when the chicken was gone. When did that start happening???"

I don't generally like tomatoes, in fact, I've always kind of hated them. But this meal is delicious and both David and I really enjoy it. I served it up for us again last night with a big loaf of garlic french bread and it was perfect. Just light enough to feel super healthy, but just filling enough to not need a large helping of some other side. Try it out. You will like it.



Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Source: The Koefeds (Or you can find the recipe at Kraft.)

Ingredients:
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/4 cup Sundried Tomato Dressing, divided
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 Tbsp. dressing; seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate for about an hour. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing. Heat grill to medium heat. Cover half the grill grate with sheet of heavy-duty foil. Place chicken on uncovered side of grill; cover with lid. Grill 6 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining dressing, tomatoes, cheese. Turn chicken over; place on foil. Top with tomato mixture. Grill, covered for 8 minutes or until chicken is done (165ºF).

*Tonight, due to the fact that it is February (even if it is an unusually warm February) - we did NOT grill this. Rather. I browned each piece of chicken briefly in a skillet and then topped it and baked it at 350 for 25 minutes or so.  It turned out really well. If you don't have a grill - try this instead. **I also have grilled it on our range-top grill pan. Works perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment